Week 3 Part 1:

I have only really ever contacted a company once and that was when one time my little brother bought a very expensive plane (one of those with a controller that flies very high) and it broke down after a couple of days. Luckily, it came with a 90 day guarantee and i called them and emailed them and they responded with “you have to talk to the store” and we talked to the store and they said “you have to talk to the manufacturer”, which was really annoying.
Honestly, I do think that social media does make it easier to get problem solved because social media makes everything be much more transparent, good and bad things. It makes the defects of certain products public, forcing the manufacture to fix them or let the company suffer from public opinion. I have never had a positive experience communicating with a business through social media. If I were to have my own business, I would address their concerns and have a really cool policy such has “if its damaged, we’ll fix it or we’ll give you your money back.
The story about my little brothers airplane was definitely a bad experience. The store told me to talk to the manufacturer and the manufacturer told me to talk to the store, which was super annoying. It made me feel like I was the one who was stupid, so we never bought an airplane like that ever again.

Comments

  1. It is true with social media business have to be more transparent, and if the company is not transparent they are going to be called out. Therefore the business looses its integrity, and people will not want to buy from them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16 Post 1

Week 14 Post

Week 17 Final Post